red10 ‘s Serena Evans guests in Episode 5 of Jean Balfour’s podcast series; Making Sense of Work
In this episode Jean and Serena discuss:
- How to build connection and belonging with people when working virtually
- How anxiety is a normal response to public speaking!
- Strategies for calming and relaxing when we are speaking to an audience or in meetings
- The importance of telling stories to connect with and relate to others
- How this pandemic period has led to us learning new skills
- The role courage plays in helping us to take risks and be ready for rejection!
- How to see our careers as a long game – which helps us to overcome the knocks